Thursday, January 7, 2010

With resolve...

New Year's resolutions anyone? Mine is pretty simple. Walk around the block once a day. That was something I did when I first began to lose weight and start exercising. Hmmm... 2004? I can't remember. This was prior to my bike, prior to my first 5k (which should have been a triathlon), prior to the MS150.

I'm finding that with all the running that I am doing, and with getting older (I do hit the big 3-0 this year... EEEEK!), I can wake up with rather stiff joints. Back and legs in particular. Two things that I know would help with this - a stronger core, and regular stretching.

Walking in the morning certainly helps those. I've been enjoying the time to think. I probably don't pause often enough to have some reflective time and time with God. The walk in the morning gives me a good 15mins to have both. When I come back the coffee is usually ready (in the new coffee pot I might add :-) and I can start my day.

Lately, it's helped give me a more directional focus to my day... and life in general. I'm excited as to what this year holds. Are you?

2 comments:

to dream the KIMpossible dream said...

Very excited about this year! What a wonderful idea - to walk every morning! My problem right now is too many projects (and too much A.D.D.) and it's a little overwhelming! I need to learn how to take the step back (hmmm...maybe my own morning walks???), divide, and conquer! =)

Anne said...

Good for you, Greg! That sounds like a great way to start the day.

Love,
Mom