Saturday, February 13, 2010

Mr. Fix-it!!!



Recently, I had the "joy" of replacing the headlight on our trailblazer. I can't remember whether it was the old Mazda protege, or on the Honda civic where I have replaced a headlight before... but this was a little more daunting task. I called the dealership and they said that the repair would cost around $70.00 for parts + labor. I called O'reiley auto parts and found out that the headlight bulb cost a little under 9 bucks. So, yeah... I'll figure out how to do this myself (little did I realize that the owner's manual specifically said for headlights to be taken to the dealership, and when I read about how to fix it online it said to remove the entire front grill).

Well... I did need to remove some components, but thankfully the grill didn't have to come off. Here are the pics!
The non-working headlight on the passenger's side.


My working headlight! :-)


The air filter cover which had to be removed.


The air filter pushed out of the way.

The good, the bad...
... the fixed!!! :-)

So, if a "green thumb" means that you have talent at gardening... does a black thumb mean I'm a good mechanic? :-)

Cheers.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Bob said...

While you're at it, is that a dirty air filter I see? ;-)

Good job on the headlight!

Love,
Dad

Anne said...

That's awesome, Greg! Good for you!

Love you,
Mom