Sunday, May 25, 2008

Inspired...

I'm writing again. Or at least I'm trying to. My wife loves reading my writing and has encouraged me to do it more. I love her all the more for it. She's the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes upon... and I've scarcely written a song or poem for her; however, I'm working on changing that. She does inspire me... without a doubt. She inspires...

Unfortunately, my life was robbed of the joy of writing after some pointless penmanship was wasted on an ex that I dated prior to meeting the love of my life. If I'm being honest, I'd say that I'm scared to write.

There it is.

I guess I'm afraid of being wounded again like I was. To feel like my words are met with empty promises and deaf ears. I know this would not be, but sometimes it's hard to recover in the aftermath and rubble of the battleground for a wordsmith's heart.

My wife has won that heart many times over and it belongs to her as her prize. So...

... I'm trying to write again. Someday... I will write my first full song for her. The first of many.

Lately, I am learning to rekindle my passions for writing and many other things. I'm chartering ahead in a new chapter in my life with my bride at my side; however, the night beckons my rest. So, this rest of this story will have to wait until I may write some more.
Adieu,
~Greg

No comments: