Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Blog this!

Yes, we have an internet filter. And yes, it works REALLY well. Actually, I highly recommend it if you don't have one... check out www.safeeyes.com. Dave Ramsey recommended too!

So, for the longest time... blogs have been blocked from usage [for me] because there is much out there with objectionable content. Melissa, holds the "keys" to our internet "gun safe" because she knows hows how to appropriately handle a device that can be weilded so dangerously. I on the other hand, have been burned too many times and would rather be safe than hurt again.

Believe me, I am THANKFUL for the barricade. It has protected me from many a wolves; however, it has caused me much grief as well. Due to the blog-blocking, I have been unable to read friends or family's postings. I have also not readily had access to write on my own blog. Of course, it could be done, but not without some hassle involved so I just let it go and felt sad whenever it was brought up.

The great thing about "Safe Eyes" is that it is highly custom-tailored to fit the needs of the individual. I don't know why we didn't talk to Safe Eyes tech support about this sooner, but there can be a bit of a learning curve involved in getting it tweaked just right. Tonight, that conversation happened and I am celebrating by writing.... and reading in the blogosphere.

I feel like I can breathe a bit more deeply now. I have been able to, but only through a straw.

Hopefully, we have the software tweaked into Goldilocks-style now... just right.


No comments: